Whenever people ask me whether I have a sweet tooth or a salty tooth, I look at them in disgust.
Who would choose cake over potato chips? When I was little (OK…maybe I did this last week) I would snack on dill pickle after dill pickle. The thing I probably crave most when I’m eating clean is potato chips. BBQ Utz Ruffles are my kryptonite.
I’m not a huge fan of kale, so I haven’t caught on to the kale chip craze. But I do like the idea of a healthy snack that is crunchy – and most importantly, salty .
These Old Bay Zucchini Chips will do the trick! My version of the chips were inspired by Mary at 17 Apart.
Makes 2 small servings
- 1 fresh zucchini
- Old Bay seasoning
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Line the baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the zucchini and place evenly on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray tops of zucchini slices with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle Old Bay seasoning and salt.
- Cook for 50 minutes.
- Take out the pan and flip over each slice. Then spray with cooking spray and salt/season this side.
- Cook for 45 more minutes.
Let the chips cool for awhile – this will dry them out and make them crunchier!
Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting What I Ate Wednesday!
Do you have a sweet tooth or a salty tooth?