I had a four-day weekend this past week when we headed down to Chattanooga on a road trip with Tuna’s fam for a wedding.
Some delicious highlights:
- Weirdly good hibachi in a small country town in Virginia.
- Mac and cheese filled biscuits (yes, heaven apparently exists).
- Fried pickle kabobs are my favorite.
- I LIKE CHEESEBURGERS NOW. This occurred late night at the wedding, served with chocolate milkshakes. The buns were biscuits. I had mine…and Tuna’s. Whoops.
- Stone ground cheese grits at a country club brunch with a gorgeous view.
The ten hour ride home was broken up with back-to-back McDonald’s stops.
I tried to be somewhat healthy-ish at McDonald’s (I still don’t think that’s possible) and tried the new chicken and ranch McWrap with grilled chicken.
It was decent tasting for a wrap, though it still isn’t that healthy with it’s mayonnaise based dressing and white tortilla. But after my double cheeseburger incident above, I don’t think my body was complaining to see a little bit of lettuce.
I still think cheat weekends at events with yummy junk food are worth it. I may not feel so hot afterwards, but I spent my time enjoying yummy food rather than resenting it!
Do you ever find yourself stressing about food at an event/party?
What is a new food you’ve tried lately?
Have you tried the McWrap yet?